COVID Consent Form
Updated September 2020
Patient Information and Consent for Face-Face treatment during COVID pandemic
The clinicians at Bodysym follow all guidelines set out for them by their governing bodies in relation to face-to face contact with patients during the COVID outbreak.
It is important that you are aware of the changes we have made to make the clinic as safe as possible. By agreeing to face to face contact it is not always possible to maintain a 2 metre distance. We have therefore made a few changes to the clinic and the way we work.
Additional Safety measures to protect Patients and Staff include:-
- Increased ‘virtual’ consultations made available to non-urgent patients.
- Health consent form to screen for risk factors in patients prior to attending your first appointment or if you haven’t been to us in a while.
- Greater time between patients to allow for cleaning of consulting rooms.
- Reduced usage of the waiting room by asking patients to wait in car or outside of the clinic until their appointment time.
- Your temperature will be taken on entering the reception area and you will also be asked screening questions on entering the clinic on each visit.
- Protective screens around Reception.
- Less clinicians in the clinic and therefore less patient ‘footfall’.
- PPE worn by clinicians whilst working.
- Patients are required to wear a face covering when inside the clinic.
- Increased signage on social distancing (where appropriate).
- More sanitisation stations located around the clinic.
- One in and One out policy to minimise patient numbers in the clinic.
- Increased frequency of cleaning contractors.
It is important to acknowledge that the risk of COVID-19 transmission cannot be eliminated and that ALL patients should consider their NEED for treatment very carefully before requesting ‘Face-to Face’ contact.
IMPORTANT – It is the right of the clinician to deny ‘Face-to-Face’ treatment if they deem the risks to either party is too great.